Saturday, September 10, 2011














My dream season extending bed.








Made some chive vinegar













More giving gardens flowers.









Gerties Gold Tomato. A late season tomato, not very productive, but worth the real estate and worth the wait. Every time my husband eats one, he comments on how that is the best tomato!
Tastes likes melon and mango.



















This year was my first for flowers. I planted this lovely dahlia.











Tomatoes ready for dehydrating












This was the prettiest bed I made, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower and some red russian kale.








This bumble bee spent the night in this flower. Talk about bee crack.








Making a strawbale bed. This worked well for the plants inside, but the plants we planted on the straw bale did not grow optimum but it was a nice experiment.








A nice large zuchinni, the squash puttered out early this year with powdery mildew,but not before harvesting about 20 nice zuchinni.
















This year has been excellent for beets, I staggered plantings and none bolted.












Making more sauerkruat.






It has been a good year for tomatoes! I have been harvesting several yellow and red tomatoes. One change I made was not to concentrate on Glamour tomatoes and long season tomatoes, but instead I planted dependable early season tomatoes and a few glamour tomatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment